The Novice Tour of Manawatu is a tour for licensed under 13,15,17 & 19 riders and is recognized as a premier Two Day Cycle Tour.
It is a 4 stage tour held within the Manawatu region.
The stages for the 2015 Tour are as follows:
- Prologue Friday Afternoon 11th Dec 2015
- Registration 4:00pm to 5:00pm cnr Centennial Drive and Hardie St, Palmerston North
- All riders to roll-out 10mins before their start time
Stage 1 Saturday 12th Dec 2015 - Hiwinui Loop Race, sign-on Colyton Hall, cnr Colyton Road and Taonui Road
- Start order U13, U15 Girls, U15 Boys, U17 Girls, U17 Boys, U19 Women, U19 Men
- Start times for all riders to be published once entries close.
- 8:30am U17 Girls
- 8:35am U15 Boys
- 8:40am U15 Girls
- 8:45am U13 Boys and Girls
- 9:30am U19 Men
- 9:35am U17 Boys
- 9:40am U19 Women
- Stage 2 Saturday Afternoon Criterium, Linton Army Camp
- Start order and times;
- 1:30pm U13
- 1:55pm U15 Girls
- 2:25pm U15 Boys
- 2:55pm U17 Girls
- 3:35pm U17 Boys
- 4:15pm U19 Women
- 4:55pm U19 Men
- Stage 3 Sunday 13th Dec 2015 - Valley Rd Circuit, sign-on Ashhurst School Hall, Ashhurst
- Start order and times
- 10:00am U19 Men
- 10:05am U17 Boys
- 10:10am U13's start up at cnr Forlong Road and Taonui Road
- 10:10am U19 Women
- 10:15am U17 Girls
- 10:20am U15 Boys
- 10:25am U15 Girls
- Prizegiving Sunday 2:00pm Ashhurst School Hall
2015 Novice Tour Event Maps-
Friday 11th December Afternoon-
Prologue MapPrologue Map
Saturday 12th December Morning-
Stage 1 Hiwinui Loop:
Stage 1 MapStage 1 Map
Saturday 12th December Afternoon-
Stage 2 Linton Camp Criterium:
Stage 2 Criterium MapStage 2 Criterium Map
Sunday 13th December Morning-
Stage 3 Valley Circuit:
Stage 3 u13 MapStage 3 u13 Map
Stage 3 u15 u19 MapStage 3 u15 u19 Map
The race will be conducted under CNZ rules, in addition to the following:
- All appeals must be submitted to the Chief Judge in writing within 30 minutes of stage finish, with a fee of $50.
- Riders must carry their feeding requirements; there is no feeding zone.
- To be eligible for prize money, all stages must be completed.
- All service must be carried out on the left hand side of the road.
- Riders who deliberately break the road rules, will be warned/penalised/disqualified from the race at the discretion of the Commissaires.
- Restarts will be given to riders who puncture or have a major mechanical breakdown within the first 200m of the time trial. Time penalties will be given for false starts. Riders who puncture or have a mechanical after the first 200m will be credited with their own time or time of slowest rider who doesn’t have any mechanicals, whichever is fastest.
- No drafting by service vehicles will be permitted. Any rider being assisted up hills/back to the bunch will be disqualified. Any riders vehicles following in the race convoy will incur a time penalty against the rider.
- There will be no appeals regarding misdirection. Riders should know the course.
- No riders are to warm up on the Time Trial course. No time trial specific bikes are allowed. No clip-on or other aero bars are allowed. No disc wheels are allowed.
- In the event of a tie, the placing in the final stage will decide the overall placing (All classifications).
- Riders must finish within 20% of the winning time to begin the next stage.
- Riders may be asked for a gear check at any time. Maximum roll-out for under 13 and under 15 riders is 6.00 metres, under 17 is 7 meters and under 19 is 7.93 metres.
- Riders must be present at the prize giving after the race to collect their prizes.
- The Commissaires shall decide upon matters not accounted for in these rules.
Click here for KOM/QOM and Sprint results
Click here for under 13 B/G results per stage
Click here for under 13 B/G results General Classification
Click here for under 15 Boys results final General Classification
Click here for under 15 boys results per stage
Click here for under 15 Girls results final General Classification
Click here for under 15 Girls results per stage
Click here for under 17 Boys results final General Classification
Click here for under 17 Boys results per stage
Click here for under 17 Girls results per stage
Click here for under 17 Girls results final General Classification
Click here for under 19 Men results per stage
Click here for under 19 Men results final General Classification
Click here for under 19 Women results final General Classification
Click here for under 19 Women results per stage
Click here for Boys Stage 1 results
Click here for Boys Stage 2 results plus GC after stage 2
Click here for Boys Stage 3 results and Final GC results
Click here for Girls Final GC results and Stage 3 results
Click here for Girls Sprint & QOM after stage 3
Click here for Girls Stage 2 results plus GC after stage 2
Click here for Girls Stage 1 results plus GC after stage 1
Click here for Girls Sprint & QOM after stage 1
Click here for a full list of previous winners.
2014 Novice Tour2014 Novice Tour
Novice Tour 2013Novice Tour 2013
Online Entries are now open for Novice Tour 2015. Follow this link to enter Online Entry Form
Hotel Coachman is the preferred accommodation provider for Manawatu Cycling Events year after year. We offer hotel and motel accommodation in the heart of the city along with a secure Bike Lock Up Area, swimming pool, gym, restaurant, and spa pool. Please look through these great specials that we are offing for the 2015 Novice Tour
HOTELCOACHMAN Major Sponsor of 2015 Novice Tour
Motel Studio - Room only $115.00 add Continental Breakfast for $12 per person - Studio Motel Rooms (Sleeps 1 - 3)
Open plan, bright and spacious incorporating a generous living area and bedroom facility in one. All of these rooms are non smoking.
Family Room - Room only $130.00 add Continental Breakfast for $12 per person - Family Motel Suite (Sleeps 1 - 4). Our Family Motel Suite is ideal for families. Relax in style and space, a bright and spacious living area with separate bedroom. All of these rooms are on smoking.
Hotel Standard - Room only $135.00 add Continental Breakfast for $12 per person - Standard Hotel Room (Sleeps 1 - 4)
Open plan, classic and spacious incorporating a generous living area and bedroom facility in one. All of these rooms are non smoking.
The rates are valid for the weekend of the 10th - 15th December 2015
** All rates are for 1 or 2 people, extra person add $21.00 room