Linton Camp Crit – Monday 16th March 2020
Bike Manawatu & NZ Army Combined event - Crit Race
When: Monday 16th March 2020
Sign on from 5.15pm
Race Start 6:00pm
*Please ensure you have sufficient ID when going into the camp
Traffic management will be in place, but this is to warn other road uses that we are there. There is no stop go provided at any junction - the roads are open and riders must obey NZ road rules at ALL times. Please be courteous to other road users
Please pre register online here: https://www.webscorer.com/register?raceid=211553
- Points Race for A - D Grades.
- A/B Grade 30min + 1 lap w/ 3+last lap being sprint primes
- C/D Grade 20 min + 1 lap w/ 2+last lap being sprint primes.
- Anticipated average speeds (for BM riders to self-grade): A: >42 kph / B: 37-42 kph / C: 33-37 kph / D: <33 kph
Info: Please ensure you bring sufficient ID when coming into the camp.
Parking will be by the Linton Camp Pool / SNCO Carpark
LRSC have requested photos to be limited to Race activity ONLY
After the Crit, Army will be having their prize giving at the Elliot VC sports bar (next to the gym). They have extended the offer to all BM riders/supporters to join them for a lemonade afterwards if they’d like. Showers will be available in the gym from those who would like.
A few things you need to be aware of:
- Whilst on NZDF Property you and your vehicle are subject to search and may be detained by duty military personnel pending NZ Police involvement.
- Adult participants will be required to show photo ID to enter Camp (No ID - No entry).
- Vehicles must have a current registration and warrant of fitness (Non Compliance - No Entry).
- The maximum speed limit in camp is 30Kph.
- Pedestrians have absolute right of way.
- At any time you may hear explosions or gunfire – this will be due to controlled military training within the confines of Linton Camp.
- At any time there may be a high amount of military heavy vehicles moving around Linton Camp.
- Park only in designated areas - NOT on sports fields or any grassed area.
- Ensure you become aware of hazard awareness and safety evacuation plans of any facility associated with your visit.
- Alcohol is only to be consumed within designated bars.
- There are many areas that are out of bounds to non NZDF personnel. Ensure you remain within your designated venue/area and travel along the appropriate access routes.
- In accordance with Linton Camp Standing orders, section 6, paragraph 13, ’the use of camera equipment of any type is banned from use within the camp …. Authority is to be obtained from HQ LRSC before any photographs may be taken’. Failure to do so may see removal and/or banning of offenders from Linton Camp.
- There are regular check points and security checks conducted on outgoing traffic at the Main Gate, this may involve a breath test and / or vehicle search.
- If you have any concerns the 24hr Duty Complex is situated on Fosters Road at the main entrance to camp.